Re: Octave Forge website internally re-structured, checks advisable

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Octave Forge website internally re-structured, checks advisable
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 18:11:37 +0200

Le 19/06/2017 à 17:52, Olaf Till a écrit :
There are a few problems on https://octave.sourceforge.io/stk/index.html :

  * Some fields from the DESCRIPTION are missing: Last Release Date, Package
Author, Package Maintainer.
Thanks for checking.

I didn't check why the website wasn't able to extract these from
stk/index.html, but provided a description.json file for stk to the
website.

Ok, fine.

  * <b> </b> tags in the description text appear as plain text.  (If such
tags are a problem, I can remove them from future OF releases.)
These tags are not present in description.json, it just takes the
first sentence of 'Description:' in INDEX. It is no use trying to put
html tags into this field, the website code puts it out literally.

Ok, fine.  But you mean DESCRIPTION and not INDEX, right ?

1) the release date is set to the current date (19-Jun-2017), and not the
date in DESCRIPTION (6-May-2017).
I couldn't reproduce this, I got 16-May-2017.

You're right, I just did it again and I get the correct date.  My bad.

2) the "Licence" field now contains "Read licence" instead of "GNU Public Licence
v3".
You should add a 'License:' field to INDEX. For now, I've added "GPLv3+" to
description.json.

Ok, I will do that. I don't remember why I originally did this "manually"... But again, you mean DESCRIPTION, not INDEX, right ?

@++
Julien