Re: Newer Versions of Octave Struggle with Character Strings

From: evansste
Subject: Re: Newer Versions of Octave Struggle with Character Strings
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 11:23:31 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Mike.

You're right.  I tried your tip, and it is reading my .octaverc file!  The
"somevar" variable was recognized.  However, now I don't understand why it's
not obeying the "cd" command in my .octaverc file.

My .octaverc file contains the following lines:

cd /home/evansste/octdir
page_screen_output(0);
page_output_immediately(1);
somevar = 42;

However, when I try to run .m scripts, which are contained in the "octdir"
directory, Octave doesn't recognize them.  If I use the same "cd" command,
by typing it while Octave is running, it changes to the directory, and will
then run my scripts from that directory.  However, for some reason, it
doesn't change to the directory based on the command in the .octaverc file.
Any ideas what may be causing this?