Re: Differences in screen and printed plots

From: JuanPi
Subject: Re: Differences in screen and printed plots
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 10:43:37 +0200

> I am now trying to compile and build against it with

Done! yes, confirmed linking against 1.4.0 solves the issue.
Now, I think I managed to do this in a rather hacky way. I configured using

configure LDFLAGS='-L/home/juanpi/Resources/gl2ps -lgl2ps1'
CPPFLAGS='-I/home/juanpi/Resources/gl2ps'

(I have created a simbolic link in gl2ps folder: 'ln -s
libgl2ps.so.1.4.0 libgl2ps1.so')

After make, I run

$./run-octave
src/.libs/lt-octave-cli: error while loading shared libraries:
libgl2ps.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

and the same with

$ PRE_LOAD=/home/juanpi/Resources/gl2ps/libgl2ps.so.1.4.0 ./run-octave

So I copied /home/juanpi/Resources/gl2p/libgl2ps.so.1 to the
compilation folder and the first command worked, i.e. the change to
the configure flags did not work as I was expecting (i.e. linking
using another version of gl2ps), but apparently I managed to prevent
octave to find the system's gl2ps, so the copied symbolic link solve
the issue and made octave use gl2ps 1.4.0

What's the right way of recompiling octave to include and link against
a different (but co-existing) version of a library?

Thank you very much
--
JuanPi Carbajal
https://goo.gl/ayiJzi