Re: (mxe-octave) forge package build issues with compiler and dev octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: (mxe-octave) forge package build issues with compiler and dev octave
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 14:45:54 -0400

On 07/10/2017 01:16 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 07/08/2017 09:56 PM, Mike Miller wrote:

I think it's fair for gnulib to put a libtool-specific option into a
variable called LTLIBICONV. The problem is when those options get used
by a non-libtool-aware build system, like calling gcc directly. Gnulib
also provides the corresponding LIBICONV for use by non-libtool-based
builds. This variable does not contain the -R option.

LTLIBICONV should be used for building Octave, but maybe LIBICONV should
be exported for use by mkoctfile and other build tools.

Thanks.  I pushed a couple of changesets and now default-octave cross
compiles.

The next issue is that of-control is failing to build, apparently
because of a change I made to octave-config.  Looking at that now.

I checked in two more changes for mxe-octave to allow of-control and of-general to build with current Octave sources:

  http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/rev/eb8b37422e16
  http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/rev/60b45297db4a

Now the following packages fail to build, all apparently due to the same obsolete(?) configure.base file that is not used in other Octave Forge packages:

  of-linear-algebra
  of-netcdf
  of-windows

Can someone who knows the Octave Forge build system better than I do please take a look at these?

Thanks,