Re: macro for building packages with different Octave versions

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: macro for building packages with different Octave versions
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 09:43:02 +0200

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 09:09:04AM +0200, Julien Bect wrote:
> Concerning the diffusion of these macros, one idea would be to create a
> simple OF package that contains both the macros themselves and a few example
> oct-files with BISTs.

This reminds me of JPs suggestion of creating a template package. Up
to now I didn't see what information could be in it except what is
already covered by the Octave manual and by the hint at OF to use the
maintainer Makefile. But the current issue could indeed be a "use
case" for a template package, and maybe there are more(?).

BTW, since you mentioned Debian Jessie, Debian recently has made a new
stable release. But it has Octave-4.0, so your argument still applies.

Olaf