gsl_ran_landau_pdf in octave-gsl

From: TROCME Mathieu
Subject: gsl_ran_landau_pdf in octave-gsl
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 09:46:27 +0000

Hi there,

And thanks for maintaining and developing Octave.

I'm trying to integrate the function 'gsl_ran_landau_pdf'
https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/The-Landau-Distribution.html
to octave using the octave-gsl wrapper
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/gsl/ci/1.0.8/tree/src/README
since this function is not (yet) available :
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Random-Number-Generation.html#Random-Number-Generation
https://octave.sourceforge.io/gsl/overview.html

I managed to successfully install octave-gsl using the following set of commands :
# sudo apt-get install mercurial autoconf liboctave-dev
# hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/gsl octave-gsl
# cd octave-gsl/src/
# ./bootstrap
# ./configure
# make
# cd ..
# make install

I also managed to add 'gsl_ran_landau_pdf' without any compilation error
# ./bootstrap && ./configure && make && cd .. && sudo \rm -rf /home/user/octave/gsl-2.0.0 && make install
## checking for gsl_ran_landau_pdf... yes
adding the following lines at the end of the file 'src/buildgsl_sf.sh'
#  export octave_name=gsl_sf_ran_landau_pdf
#  export    funcname=gsl_ran_landau_pdf
#  cat << \EOF > docstring.txt
#  This function computes the probability density p(x) at x for the Landau distribution.
#  See https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/The-Landau-Distribution.html
#  EOF
#  ${RT} D_DD >> gsl_sf.cc

Nevertheless I don't see the 'gsl_sf_ran_landau_pdf' function in octave :
# Octave
# >> pkg load gsl
# >> gsl_sf_ <TAB>

Could you please tell me what am I missing ?

Thanks for your time and consideration,
Mathieu

Mathieu TROCMÉ
CEA/DRT/LIST/DM2I/LCAE