Cannot "run" a function file in dev branch.

From: siko1056
Subject: Cannot "run" a function file in dev branch.
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 12:42:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Today I built HG ID 9f31de57ad36 [1] (which seems not related to the issue,
it must have been some change in the past week) but ever since I cannot run
function files using the "run" or "source" functions. The problem is
reproducible by creating a tiny echo function file:

$ echo -e "function doit() \n disp ('hi') \nendfunction" > doit.m

>From within Octave's GUI execution works fine by pressing the "Run" button
or "F5" and it works in GUI and CLI by typing:

>> doit

hi

But not when trying something like this:

>> run ("/workspace/doit.m")
>> run ("doit.m")
>> source ("doit.m")

Script files seem not to be affected. There were some changes to the
interpreter, that I do not fully grasp that fast. Any ideas or is there
something under construction for a while? That is why I did not file a bug
report yet.

Thank you for you attention,

Kai

P.S.: Both functions are not part of Octave's BIST and do not occur that
often in Octave's m-files. So regressions might happen unnoticed.

[1] https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/9f31de57ad36