pending optiminterp-0.3.5 release

From: Olaf Till
Subject: pending optiminterp-0.3.5 release
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 21:33:44 +0200

(I'd like to have the technical discussions at the mailing list, not
at the release forum.)

Alexander,

installing the new tarball segfaults for me, both with Octave-4.0 and
Octave-4.2. The segfault happens at the loading of optimiterp.oct.

Attached is the upper part of the backtrace with Octave-4.2. Compiler
warnings with -Wall were:

optimal_interpolation.F90: In function ‘mod_bessel_k1’:
optimal_interpolation.F90:151:0: warning: control reaches end of non-void
function [-Wreturn-type]
         return
 ^

but I can't say if these warnings are related to the segfault.

The cause of the segfault must be that something is wrong with the
initialization of global variables. Since these seem to be defined in
Fortran code, I can't try to inspect the code to find the cause. But
the fact that the segfault didn't occur at your machine indicates that
the reason is undefined order of initialization: If the initialization
of any global variable accesses another global variable, this should
possibly be coded differently (in C this would have to be coded with
static variables in functions).

Olaf