Re: Some questions on the interval package

From: Oliver Heimlich
Subject: Re: Some questions on the interval package
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 04:17:14 +0200

On 16.06.2017 13:38, Joel Dahne wrote:
>>> disp.m: When printing an array with more than 2 dimensions I have
>>> followed the normal Octave style. It looks like
>>>  ans(:,:,1) =
>>>
>>>    [0]   [0]
>>>    [0]   [0]
>> Two small observations:
>>
>>  1. The matrix label “ans(:,:,…)” should not be indented.
>>  2. Before the matrix label you need an additional blank line (not
>> before the first one). Remark: disp.m currently only supports “format
>> loose”, where there are blank lines between matrix labels and matrices.
>> Feel free to add support for “format compact”, but I don't know how to
>> properly detect the current display mode.
>>
> I have fixed the observations you made! Have not added support for
> "format compact" though, I don't know how to properly detect this
> either.

Given the recent hints on the mailing list regarding bug #46603, I have
added support for “format compact” myself.  It has been a little bit
complicated to come up with a solution that doesn't use internal
functions, doesn't rely on deprecated features, and doesn't break old
versions of Octave.

Oliver

https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/interval/ci/edb13a8ea57ad674c6ac9dc5b67169e32f24e11b/

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/f84aa17075d4