pending dataframe-1.2.0 release

From: Olaf Till
Subject: pending dataframe-1.2.0 release
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 13:00:06 +0200

Pascal,

there is still much to do:

- Please pull from the repository, I've updated the root level
  Makefile.

- NEWS:

-- There is much more to mention here than you did. There were a lot
   of enhancements since the last release.

-- Please use 3-digit version numbers in the NEWS headlines.

- INDEX doesn't by far contain all functions. (This will affect the
  html documentation and our function database at Octave Forge.)

- inst/@dataframe/private/strsplit.m contains 12 tests, 9 of them fail
  for me.

- License texts:

-- The license texts are wrong, in that they say 'This file is part of
   Octave.', which is not true, and 'Octave is free software;'. You
   should either write 'This program is free software' or 'This file
   is free software', or both 'This file is part of the dataframe
   package for Octave.' and 'The dataframe package for Octave is free
   software;'. Also, in 'You should have received a copy of the GNU
   General Public License along with Octave;', 'Octave' should be
   replaced by 'this file' or 'this program' or 'this package'.

-- Please replace the street address of the FSF with the web address
   (you'll find examples in Octave or other packages).

- Can the license be updated to GPL version 3 or later?

- The coding style deviates much from Octave, e.g. in the positioning
  of license text and help text, in the choice of comment signs, and
  in using unqualified 'end' (instead of e.g. 'endif'). The reason
  seems to be trying to be Matlab compatible. Why is that so? In a
  'community' package, I think we should try to adher to Octaves
  coding style.

Olaf