Re: Test suite regressions vs expected failures

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Test suite regressions vs expected failures
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 17:02:53 -0700

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 22:24:51 -0700, Rik wrote:
> When I added the tests they were not tagged as regressions, just regular
> tests.  The '*' tag should be removed from these BIST tests.

To be clear, the '*' tag does not mark the test as a regression. The '*'
tag is supposed to mean that the bug number has been marked as fixed on
the bug tracker. No '*' means that the bug is still open. If I see a
test marked with "<12345>", that means there may still be work to be
done.

If a test fails it is flagged as either an expected failure or a
regression, depending on whether we thought the bug was fixed or not.

Any new tests that are added for bugs when they are fixed should include
the '*' marker.

--
mike