Re: GUI variable editor patch pushed and some help needed

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: GUI variable editor patch pushed and some help needed
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 00:37:09 -0700 (PDT)

John W. Eaton wrote
> I pushed a patch for a GUI variable editor:
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8656
>
> This change is the work of a number of people including RĂ¼diger
> Sonderfeld, Philip Nienhuis, and Michael Barnes.
>
> It seems to work, but I think there is a lot more to be done before it
> is really finished.  But, as I said on the patch tracker, I went ahead
> and pushed this addition now instead of waiting until the patch is
> "perfect" because in my experience, waiting for that will mean that the
> patch will never be pushed.
>
> Currently, when starting Octave with no qt-settings file, I see the
> variable editor window placed to the right of the command window, not
> inside of the tabbed widget that contains the terminal, code editor, and
> doc browser widgets.

You're right, but on my boxes (mainly Windows) the variable Editor pane used
to be stretched along the bottom of the Octave window below all other panes,
rather than to the right of them.

I'll post a few more known Variable Editor issues to the bug tracker the
next days (no fear, there aren't that many AFAIK).

Philip