Re: pending dataframe-1.2.0 release

From: depuis
Subject: Re: pending dataframe-1.2.0 release
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 17:45:43 +0200

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 15:10:22 +0200, Olaf Till wrote:
On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 05:15:50PM +0200, Olaf Till wrote:
On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 10:01:35AM -0700, CdeMills wrote:
> CdeMills wrote
> > On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 13:00:06 +0200, Olaf Till wrote:
> >> Pascal,
> >>
> >> there is still much to do:
> >>
> >> - Please pull from the repository, I've updated the root level
> >>   Makefile.
> >>

> Olaf,
> the issues mentioned so far should have been solved in the last push I made
> on SF:
> 1) adapted the license texts as requested. Many files where touched by that. > 2) there was a longstanding bug in strsplit() call. In case more than one > separator are used (typically "\t" and ","), put them in a cellstr instead
> of concatenating them in a single string
> 3) one test failed as a matrix was accessed past its end. Corrected.
>
> Could you please have a look ?

Extensive changes, thanks...

I've pushed a change to the root level Makefile, to call
dataframe_test in 'make check'.

dataframe_test.m seems non-trivial to me, so could you add a copyright
and license to it?
Done

Calling dataframe_test, lines 191--193 (left division) didn't pass for
me without specifying a tolerance...
Could you please tell me if the issue is still present ?

The rest is ok for the release (though we didn't as yet discuss the
'Matlab oriented coding style' issue further).
This package would be useless to my students if they couldn't run it under Matlab. They get it for free as students, why would they care about Octave ? (paraphrasing their usual answer). I stopped wasting time trying to explain about Free Software.

You probably don't need to upload a further tarball, it should be
enough if I generate it at my machine after you've done the last
polish to dataframe_test.m

The 'make release' fails in a strange way:
1) it generate the main tarball
2) it fails with the error message 'generate_html not installed'
octave --no-gui --silent --no-history --norc --eval ' pkg ("local_list", "/home/padupuis/Applications/Programmes/matlab-hg/octave-dataframe/target/.installation/.octave_packages"); ' --eval ' pkg ("load", "dataframe"); ' \
        --eval ' pkg load generate_html; ' \

The main issue seems to be that the usual package install path is stripped down. I tried 'octave --no-gui --silent --no-history --norc --eval ' pkg -forge -local install generate_html' hoping that the package would be installed is some default path, bit this failed too.

Regards

Pascal