Re: GUI variable editor patch pushed and some help needed

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: GUI variable editor patch pushed and some help needed
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 22:31:43 +0200

On 23.08.2017 22:05, Torsten wrote:

>> Another thing that had better be fixed right away is the default
>> "Autofit by ..." = on setting in the Variable Editor settings tab in
>> (Preferences pane). With that option set, populating the VarEd pane with
>> somewhat larger matrices is going to take an awfully long time.
>>
>> I've been using the variable Editor quite a lot for more than 2 years
>> and had adapted various setting in my qt-settings files so I forgot the
>> rough edges. Now that John mentioned it I remember those again :-/
>
> Changeset http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/ab5780d54869
> should solve the issue with placing the widget.

I have just pushed a changeset that reads the general icon size
preference (small, normal, or large) and sets it for the variable editor
toolbar icons. Afterwards, I have recognized the extra setting "toolbar
size" of the editor. Which one should we use?
I vote for the general setting for all toolbar icons in the gui.

Torsten