Feedback on some mxe-octave changes

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Feedback on some mxe-octave changes
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 17:22:17 -0700

All,

I don't build mxe-octave that often, and don't have access to Windows to
test it, but when I do build it I've noticed a few things I'd like to
fix.

1. SHELL=/bin/bash in configure.ac. Most standard uses of the $SHELL
environment variable expect that it is the full path to an executable.
This being set to SHELL=bash as it is now may break some things, it
definitely breaks config.status for me.

2. Change configure.ac to make Qt 5 the default. Qt 4 is end of life and
I hope that the official build can be with Qt 5 for the 4.4 release.
That means users should be testing it now. We can still have a
--disable-qt5 option.

3. Update the autotools config.guess and config.sub scripts in the tools
directory, keep them in sync with upstream [1] in general. In particular
this should set $(BUILD_SYSTEM) to "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu" instead of
"x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu" as it is now.

I've made these changes locally and had no problems. Any objections to
pushing these?

[1]: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/config.git

--
mike