Re: GUI on MacOS X !

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: GUI on MacOS X !
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 04:26:43 -0700 (MST)

bpabbott wrote
> In the last week something changed. The GUI is now running for me with Mac
> OS X (10.12.6) on a 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 MacBook Pro.
> [...]
> I’m using Fink for dependencies and am linking to their Qt4 libs.
>
> The GUI hangs when I quit, so its not “stable” yet.

This is also what I observe since more than half a year. Octave hangs on
exit:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?50025
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?50795

Homebrew has stopped shipping the GUI. I did not see any change recently.
However, I am compiling with qt5.9. Maybe this makes a difference.

By the way: to my knowledge we should drop support for qt4 as it is
unsupported and has many knows bugs.

Bye
Sebastian