Re: help needed with python package for mxe-octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: help needed with python package for mxe-octave
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 12:52:11 -0400

On 09/29/2017 02:13 AM, Mike Miller wrote:
On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 18:24:52 -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
Note we are building a copy of Python for use during the build and it's
missing this package that is now required to build osmesa.  What's the right
way to build this package for the version of Python we are using?

I haven't had a chance to try it myself, but I imagine it would need a
new src/python-mako.mk pulling from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Mako
and building and installing with "python setup.py install". I see that
Mako depends on MarkupSafe, so the same for that package.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

The reason that I'm doing this is to see whether we can provide an option to force software rendering.

My idea is that on Unixy systems we would just do an LD_PRELOAD of the osmesa library. For MXE native Unixy builds, it seems to me that the most reliable way to do that is to build osmesa so we know which library to preload. For other systems, we might have an option to specify the library. I don't know how we would detect it automatically.

Oh Windows systems, I don't know.