Re: help needed with python package for mxe-octave

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: help needed with python package for mxe-octave
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 00:58:31 -0700 (MST)

John W. Eaton wrote
> On 09/29/2017 02:13 AM, Mike Miller wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 18:24:52 -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
>>> Note we are building a copy of Python for use during the build and it's
>>> missing this package that is now required to build osmesa.  What's the
>>> right
>>> way to build this package for the version of Python we are using?
>>
>> I haven't had a chance to try it myself, but I imagine it would need a
>> new src/python-mako.mk pulling from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Mako
>> and building and installing with "python setup.py install". I see that
>> Mako depends on MarkupSafe, so the same for that package.
>
> Thanks, I'll give it a try.
>
> The reason that I'm doing this is to see whether we can provide an
> option to force software rendering.
>
> My idea is that on Unixy systems we would just do an LD_PRELOAD of the
> osmesa library.  For MXE native Unixy builds, it seems to me that the
> most reliable way to do that is to build osmesa so we know which library
> to preload.  For other systems, we might have an option to specify the
> library.  I don't know how we would detect it automatically.
>
> Oh Windows systems, I don't know.
>
> jwe

In this bug report [1], JohnD already showed he was able to build a *mesa*
based opengl32.dll for software rendering. Using Qt toolkit this library
produces a few errors (that are still unidentified) but "works" for
on-screen rendering.

Now when it comes to off-screen rendering, we have pretty much the same
problems with native (or vendor specific) and mesa based opengl32.dll:
"glGetIntegerv(GL_VIEWPORT, vp)" returns huge numbers and gl2ps returns with
error.

Pantxo
[1] http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?44338