GSoC 2018 - information

From: Pietro Crociani
Subject: GSoC 2018 - information
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 19:07:34 +0200

Hello everyone,

I' am Pietro Crociani a master's student in Mathematical Engineering at Politecnico di Milano.
I' am interested in free software and I have used Octave in my academical career.

Up to now I have never started a serious commitment in any open source project and I would like to try doing something now.
As a part of this process my eventual desire is to be able to take part in the next GSoC.

I know that it's a bit early but, do you already have an idea of which project are you going to propose?
Do you have any suggestion on how to prepare myself?
How can I start working on something now?

Thanks,

Pietro