Re: What is the status of the odepkg at octave forge?

From: Nir Krakauer
Subject: Re: What is the status of the odepkg at octave forge?
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 06:57:46 -0400

I agree with putting out a new release. And if you want, you can keep an issues / TODO / help wanted list on the Wiki page.

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 4:26 AM, Carlo De Falco <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 18 Oct 2017, at 20:08, Nir Krakauer <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I created a Wiki page for the package [1], so that maintainers can update its status there and hopefully not have to answer many inquiries and bug reports.

The version in the current development repository does have a few known issues:

 1 - doc format manual does not show properly
 2 - some tests for DAE solvers fail due to unimplemented options

but I think it would make sense to make a release out of it right now anyway,
because installing 0.8.5 in Octave 4.2 is a really bad idea and we cannot mark
it as incompatible with newer Octave versions.

We could mark failing tests as xfail to prevent useless reports.

What do you think?

c.