Re: Bootstrapping from a non-checked-out distribution is risky

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping from a non-checked-out distribution is risky
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 08:23:52 -0400

On 10/23/2017 07:12 AM, siko1056 wrote:

On my machine, I observed the same problem.  It is a documented "feature"
(bad hard-coded design in my opinion),

OTOH, consistency can be a good thing when looking at a new project.

2. Rename README.md (with its Markdown syntax) back to README.

3. Create for doxygen a symbolic link, called "doc/doxygen/README.md" to
README to fool doxygen about the missing extension.

Do you mean to have a symbolic link in the hg archive? How does that work for someone who checks out the sources on a Windows system?

Does the name of a markdown file have to end in ".md"? Maybe that's also a bad design decision. ;-)