Re: classes.tst hangs octave

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: classes.tst hangs octave
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 11:53:23 -0500

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 11:45 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 10/30/2017 11:58 AM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
> ​Is there a way i could enable echo for this test ?
> (I assume, by modifying classes.tst)

Yes, you should be able to set echo on in the test.

If it is hanging, then you could also try to attach to the octave-gui process with "gdb -p PID", interrupt the process, and then get a stack trace to see where it is looping.  Or, maybe it has crashed with a segfault?  I think that currently appears to hang Octave because the wrapper process for octave-gui is not exiting properly when octave-gui segfaults.

​It is hanging with octave process running at 100% cpu load.
Ctrl-C kills the make (and octave process)

I just tried on (slightly modified -- has newe libtools) RH 7 and it hangs there as well.

jwe

​Dmitri.