Re: Deprecate fltk graphics toolkit?

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Deprecate fltk graphics toolkit?
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 04:51:04 +0100

Am 07.11.2017 um 23:49 schrieb John W. Eaton:
> ... But if we could fix that, and make the Qt plot
> window work when running in --no-gui mode, could we deprecate the fltk
> graphics toolkit?

I usually use the FLTK toolkit on my Desktop PC and embedded Devices
where I don't want to build and install Qt due to limited disk space and
RAM requirements. So I would vote to not deprecate FLTK yet.

> the Qt graphics code.  This change took much longer than it should have
> when I remembered that the change would also need to be made in the fltk
> graphics code and that needed to be done in a completely different way.

If you have such tasks in the feature, I would be glad to help here
since I'm fairly deeps into FLTK development.

Perhaps we can move the FLTK toolkit out of core to a octave-forge
package (after deprecation) as a compromise?

--Andy