linking a slim liboctave without OpenGL or Nvidia stuff

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: linking a slim liboctave without OpenGL or Nvidia stuff
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 06:48:06 +0100

Dear all,

is it feasible to compile and link a separate slim liboctave without
OpenGL and other stuff which might influence libosmesa?
Just enough to hgload a figure and print it.

My idea is to create a standalone helper program (lets call it oct_print
for now) which links osmesa but not the Nvidia or AMD libgl or other
non-mesa libs)

If someone wants to offscreen print a figure, print would then "hgsave"
the figure and call oct_print which loads (or reads from stdin) the
saved figure and uses the opengl-renderer, gl2ps (+ghostscript) and
osmesa to create the plot.

This would solve the NVIDIA libGl vs. OSMesa problematic and I also like
the idea to have an intermediate plot exchange format.

But I'm currently lost with autotools/libtool and would need some tips
how to create a slim liboctave (+libinterp?)

-- Andy