Re: macos SIP and make check

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: macos SIP and make check
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 10:27:13 +0000

> On 7 Feb 2018, at 09:17, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Carlo de Falco-2 wrote
>> Apart from preventing even the root user from writing into some system
>> As I have some libraries installed outside standard paths (namely
>> sundials)
>
> I have no issues with homebrew and non-standard paths, it even works for the
> Octave.app ("/Application/..."). Not sure why it fails for you. Standard
> homebrew installs its files into "/usr/local/opt/". Cou could try to put
> your stuff there? (You do not use homebrew and macports is not using this
> directory as far as I recall).
>
> Or you move to homebrew altogether... you find Ben's configure script (file
> #42932) at https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?49053. I maintain a
> homebrew-formula for the outdated sundials27.
>
> Seb.

Hi,

Actually, my practical problem is already solved, macports deals OK
with nonstandard paths and includes a port named sundials2 that installs
sundials 2.7.0.

So this question is really about understanding how to fix the same problem
outside a package manager. From my previous email you may have noted that
all macports libraries are linked in with full path names but the ones I
list in LDFLAGS are not.

Would it be possible to get the FULL configure options used by the homebrew
build process? For example can you save the config.log file produced by the
configure step?

c.