Re: renaming some classes and using the octave namespace in the GUI

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: renaming some classes and using the octave namespace in the GUI
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 15:15:29 -0500

On 02/08/2018 02:24 PM, Torsten wrote:

The object names are directly used in octave_dock_widget for saving the
widgets geometries. If we change names, special care has to be taken in
order to guarantee compatibility to existing setting files.

OK, I see. So maybe I'll leave those as is. But I would like to understand exactly how this works so I could know what needs to be done to change one of these names. For example, I made the attached change and it wasn't enough to preserve the defaults. See attached before and after screenshots. In both cases, I removed my ~/.config/octave/qt-settings file before starting Octave.