Re: renaming some classes and using the octave namespace in the GUI

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: renaming some classes and using the octave namespace in the GUI
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 21:46:26 +0100

On 08.02.2018 21:15, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 02/08/2018 02:24 PM, Torsten wrote:
>
>> The object names are directly used in octave_dock_widget for saving the
>> widgets geometries. If we change names, special care has to be taken in
>> order to guarantee compatibility to existing setting files.
>
> OK, I see.  So maybe I'll leave those as is.  But I would like to
> understand exactly how this works so I could know what needs to be done
> to change one of these names.  For example, I made the attached change
> and it wasn't enough to preserve the defaults.  See attached before and
> after screenshots.  In both cases, I removed my
> ~/.config/octave/qt-settings file before starting Octave.
>
> jwe

There is also the "windowState" in the [MainWindow], which stores the
dock positions of the widgets. The byte array also contains the names of
the widgets. After changing the names this window state must also be
updated. You should be able to copy it from your local settings file
after exiting octave.

Torsten