Re: Parallel and MPI with default branch

From: kingcrimson
Subject: Re: Parallel and MPI with default branch
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 18:07:40 +0100

Hi,

> On 19 Feb 2018, at 15:53, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I have a theory: I think octave's 64bit-indexing is now enable by default.
> Did you disable it on your machine?

Indeed I am configuring Octave with "--disable-64".

> It seems that some int types are messed up in the MPI package and that would
> explain the errors that I see...
>
> If I change  "Array<int> info (dim_vector (dest.numel (), 1));"
> to "int8NDArray info (dim_vector (dest.numel (), 1));" in MPI_Send.cc and
> "octave_idx_type num;" (which is long long in my case) to "int num;" then I
> can compile.

Do you see "octave_idx_type num;" in MPI_Send.cc ?
I have only this definition for "num" on line 79 of MPI_Send.cc:

 int num = s.length ();

> Seb.

BTW, is your build of Octave done with "--enable-64" ?
Does this still require building all dependencies with 64 integers as explained
here:

http://wiki.octave.org/Enable_large_arrays:_Build_octave_such_that_it_can_use_arrays_larger_than_2Gb.

?

What version of BLAS/LAPACK are you linking to? What other libraries do you
need to compile with custom options?

c.