[octave forge] control: support Octave >3.0.0?

From: Olaf Till
Subject: [octave forge] control: support Octave >3.0.0?
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 22:18:27 +0100

Hi Doug,

you seem to have done much work to bring the control package to its
release state now. But do you really want to support Octave versions
down to 3.0.0?  I had bumped it from originally >3.8.0 to >4.0.0 to
make our life easier with the linked code, >3.0.0 would be more
versions than before, and probably too difficult to handle...

Once we have agreed on the supported Octave versions, would you like
me to produce a release tarball?

Olaf