Re: [octave forge] control: support Octave >3.0.0?

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: [octave forge] control: support Octave >3.0.0?
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 18:00:32 +0100

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 11:01:17AM -0500, Doug Stewart wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 6:50 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Mar 08, 2018 at 15:07:37 -0500, Doug Stewart wrote:
> > > fwiw    I see the same 12 fails with control-3.0.0
> > >
> > > inst/ltimodels.m: 12 tests fail
> > >
> > > so that problem has been here a long time.
> > > I think we can release and I will fix them latter.
> >
> > You can have a look at https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?45008,
> > this test failure has been discussed and known for some time. If the
> > tests fail with OpenBLAS due to a sign difference, but pass when using
> > the reference BLAS library, then it's #45008.
> >
> > --
> > mike
> >

> > ---
>

> Thank you Mike.
>
> Olaf, with this info I am more confident that we should go ahead with the
> release.
> I also am inclined to mark these as known errors, with the explanation that
> mike has given.
> I will repeat this in bug #45008
>
> Doug

Thanks for the preparations, release 3.1.0 is now online. Please
remember to announce it, and to pull from the repository.

I've included Octave versions 4.0.. into DESCRIPTION, even if there
are currently more test failures with it than with 4.2.. . 4.0.. is
the Octave version provided by Debian stable, so if possible we should
support it. imp_invar and damp had to be added to INDEX, hopefully
they are in the correct section.

Olaf