Re: Doubs in Gsoc chebfun project: getting error while running g=f+1, ne

From: Saurav Malani
Subject: Re: Doubs in Gsoc chebfun project: getting error while running g=f+1, needed tips to resolve it.
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 17:48:10 +0530 (IST)

Hi sir,
Thanks for the insight.

So, I was looking at the @chebfun/disp.m function, and I think that "disp"
function will throw error in case of complex number. As in case of complex
number sprintf calls f.domain(f) (line-89). So, we need to declare "temp"
outside if and else condition of that for loop (i.e. around line 82, may be
somewhere around ffuns).
   Although, as you said that this is a temporary work around, and we need to
find a permanent fix for this. But I failed to find any such permanent fix,
maybe because of the implementation of OOPs in Octave. Is is because of static
methods?
   Now, I am working on subsref.m, although I tied few things, but all failed,
maybe because of lack of insights. But, I am still hopeful that with few tweaks
I will fix it.
   But, now as we are left with only 2 weeks (of gsoc proposal submission
deadline), so can you suggest the permanent fix for it? You mentioned little
bit about this in the Aim column of the chebfun project of the project list,
but I didn't understand it properly. so, it will be a great help if you can
explain what do I need to do to fix it permanetly in detail, as this is one of
the AIM of the project.

Thanks,
Regards,
Saurav Malani