Re: Octave 4.4 Proposal: make --no-gui the default

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave 4.4 Proposal: make --no-gui the default
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 09:57:49 -0700

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 17:52:09 +0100, Carnë Draug wrote:
> On 14 March 2018 at 11:53, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
> > We discussed it this morning.  We all agreed this makes a lot of sense
> > and will simplify our input checks and want it for 4.4.
> >
> > Carnë
>
> This change has now been pushed [1]
>
> [1] http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/a4dc2ef8741c

Thank you so much for discussing this at OctConf and acting so quickly!
I appreciate all the positive feedback.

I pushed a small change with what I think is better long-term behavior.
I didn't mention "--no-gui" at all because I wanted to keep it
indefinitely as the opposite of "--gui", I think that makes sense.

Now "octave --gui --no-gui" will not start the GUI, and vice versa. I
think this better supports scripts and aliases that want to set a
default, but also allow the command line to override that default.

https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/4fdb160b47fb

--
mike