Re: functions for core statistics package

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: functions for core statistics package
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 16:34:23 +0100

Le 15/03/2018 à 16:13, Carnë Draug a écrit :
After the discussion at OctConf, I've looked at the forge statistics
package to see which ones would be included in the core package and
which ones we have to make a decision about.

I have made four lists in the wiki [1] for functions that should be
ready to go, and functions that need a decision.

Carnë

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/Statistics_package#Core_package

Hi Carnë,

1) Concerning "princomp", here is what I see in R2017b :

>> help princomp
 princomp Principal Components Analysis (PCA).
    princomp will be removed in a future release. Use PCA instead.

    Calls to princomp are routed to PCA.

    [coeff, score, latent, tsquare] = princomp(x,econFlag)

    See also: pca

    Reference page for princomp

But perhaps has it really been removed in R2018a ?

2) Concerning "anderson_darling_test", the corresponding Matlab function is "adtest", so perhaps should it be in your second list ?

Just my two cents...

@++
Julien