Re: Help trying to merge my changes to current default

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Help trying to merge my changes to current default
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 10:46:37 -0400

On 03/20/2018 10:39 AM, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
Hi all,

I did some changes during Octconf to include test for pkg.m and start
the refactoring of that function.
Now, when I lok at hg log, I see I have done quite a messy commit
work. Is there a way to export a clean change set (I guess some flavor
of hg diff) to get only the things I have done to the sources?

I essentially do not want to had to the repo history my commits
ranting, quite rookie, to be honest. But I want to add the final form
of the local branch I have.

Is it maybe easier to just re-clone and copy the changes over and make
a new commit with that?

It's hard to say for sure without seeing exactly what you've done.

You might be able to simply rebase your changes to the head of the branch that you are working on. Then if you want to smash them all into a single commit (or just a few instead of many) you can also use histedit to do that.