Re: Help trying to merge my changes to current default

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Help trying to merge my changes to current default
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:31:48 +0000

On 22 March 2018 at 11:06, Carlo De Falco <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
> The point is that I think the pkg function which consists 90% of input
> parsing could
> be greatly simplified if it were based on the InputParser class, but I'm not
> sure
> that 100% compatibility could be maintained.

I don't think this is true.  See number of non-comment lines on pkg.m:

    $ grep -vP '\s*#' scripts/pkg/pkg.m | wc -l
    304

versus the number on its subfunctions:

    $ grep -vP '\s*#' scripts/pkg/private/*.m | wc -l
    1744

The options parsing happens in pkg.m only but even that is only a
portion of the file.  Much more complicated is the handling of the
multiple options, not finding which options have been set.

Carnë