Re: Help trying to merge my changes to current default

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Help trying to merge my changes to current default
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 09:22:18 +0000

Hi,

> On 22 Mar 2018, at 13:31, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On 22 March 2018 at 11:06, Carlo De Falco <address@hidden> wrote:
>> [...]
>> The point is that I think the pkg function which consists 90% of input
>> parsing could
>> be greatly simplified if it were based on the InputParser class, but I'm not
>> sure
>> that 100% compatibility could be maintained.
>>

> I don't think this is true.  See number of non-comment lines on pkg.m:
>
>    $ grep -vP '\s*#' scripts/pkg/pkg.m | wc -l
>    304
>
> versus the number on its subfunctions:
>
>    $ grep -vP '\s*#' scripts/pkg/private/*.m | wc -l
>    1744

True but I was referring to pkg.m alone.

> The options parsing happens in pkg.m only but even that is only a
> portion of the file.

Can you quantify that?

>  Much more complicated is the handling of the
> multiple options, not finding which options have been set.

Indeed, and that is something that may possibly be simplified
by changing the syntax for commands / options.

I think this is worth considering as a choice, after all I don't
believe there is much user code that depends on the syntax of
the pkg command and pkg is not available in matlab so there are
not too many constrains that we need to comply with ...

> Carnë

c.