Re: ICE failures with old GCC versions on the buildbots

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: ICE failures with old GCC versions on the buildbots
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 14:43:07 -0700

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 16:52:48 -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
> One way to do that would be a VM that I start and execute commands in and
> then get the results back.  But if there is something simpler, I'm up for
> that as well.

The simplest would be to use a Debian chroot, and maybe run a separate
instance of buildbot with a different identifier in the chroot.

If you haven't done it recently, as root

    debootstrap jessie /path/to/somewhere/debian-jessie-chroot
    chroot /path/to/somewhere/debian-jessie-chroot
    apt-get update && apt-get install $things
    pip or whatever to set up buildbot

And you'll want to add a service or init script on the host to start the
additional chrooted buildbot.

--
mike