Re: Adding an .editorconfig?

From: Oliver Heimlich
Subject: Re: Adding an .editorconfig?
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 17:42:59 +0200

On 05.07.2018 17:15, Andrew Janke wrote:
> Hi, Octave maintainers,
>
> What are your thoughts on adding an .editorconfig file to the repo, to
> enforce the code style in editors that support it?
>
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54223
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew

I like the idea.  Currently I have to either synchronize editor settings
on my various systems (this doesn't work so well when I work on
different projects with incompatible code styles) or use a proprietary
editor config file in the repository. Since EditorConfig is supported by
many editors (by plugins), I see it as a solution to this problem.

https://editorconfig.org/#download

Best
Oliver