Re: Project Gauss-Jacques submitted

From: Fausto Abraham Jacques
Subject: Re: Project Gauss-Jacques submitted
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 13:37:57 -0500

Done.

Thanks a lot.

My patch is #9692.

What then?
Should I be informed if they have accepted the function to GNU-Octave?
Is there something else I have to do?

I hope the accept the function, because it is brand new, computationally efficient, and very useful in computer science research.

Do you think it is possible to send the .m file to address@hidden so all the community can use it in their Octave projects??

Hope to hear from any of you.

Thanks again!

El mar., 18 sept. 2018 a las 5:26, Kai Torben Ohlhus (<address@hidden>) escribió:

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 12:21 PM Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 12:17 PM Kai Torben Ohlhus <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 12:10 PM Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I do not think that's the right place to submit you project (maybe
>> somebody told you to do so?)
>> It seems your project is a single mfile, you could have ask for a new
>> Octave forge package[0] or find a package in which your function fits
>> (linear algebra?[1])
>>
>> [0]: https://octave.sourceforge.io/developers.php
>> [1]: https://octave.sourceforge.io/linear-algebra/index.html
>> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 7:19 PM Fausto Abraham Jacques
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> >

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have submitted my files and the project is waiting to be reviewed by a Savannah administrator. I will shortly receive a mail message telling me whether my project has been approved, or I have to do some changes before it is approved.
>> >
>> > I followed the contribution guidelines.
>> >
>> > Have a grat day!
>> >
>> > --
>> > Abe Jacques
>> >
>> > "God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from himself, because it is not there." C.S. Lewis
>>

> I did [1] ;-)  As Abe Jacques does not have push rights for neither the Octave repository, nor any Octave Forge package, the patch tracker is to my knowledge the best platform to propose a new feature.
>
> But Abe Jacques, I do not understand why your contribution does not show up in the patch tracker [2]?  Where exactly did you sent it to?
>
> Best,
> Kai
>
> [1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2018-09/msg00049.html
> [2]: https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=octave
> Hi Kai,
>
> You answered only to me! He submitted a new project to savannah!

I see, Abe Jacques, can you repeat your submission here:

And remove the extra project creation on savannah.  This is much more than you want to do.

Kai.