oil2xsd-list

[oil2xsd] DAML+OIL support

From: Iryna Gurevych
Subject: [oil2xsd] DAML+OIL support
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:50:56 +0200

Hi Stefan,

we would like to propose a further enhancement to the oil2xsd suite, so it will
also support the transformation of DAML+OIL definitions to an XML schema.

You may want to have a look at the language specification at
http://www.daml.org/2001/03/daml+oil-index.html.

We find the reference description of DAML+OIL
(http://www.daml.org/2001/03/reference) particularly helpful to understand a
few differencies in the semantics of OIL and DAML+OIL. But for these
differencies, the DAML+OIL support apparently boils down to identifiying
DAML+OIL constructions corresponding to OIL constructions and changing the
stylesheets accordingly. So the good news: the algorithms behind transformation
presumably should not be changed (unless we want that).

It goes without saying, we are ready to discuss further details any time.

Kind regards
Iryna

Iryna Gurevych
Research Associate

European Media Laboratory - EML
http://www.eml.org
Villa Bosch, Schloß - Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
D- 69118 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: ++ 49 - 6221 - 533 209
E-mail: address@hidden