om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] using om_patch_loader

From: Florian Schmidt
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] using om_patch_loader
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 14:19:09 +0200

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 07:57:48 +0200
Atte André Jensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dave Robillard wrote:
>
> > I maintain there is no difference which client you load it with. :)
>
> I maintain there's no sound when the patch is loaded with
> om_patch_loader :-)
>
> Maybe others could help me figure out what *I* did wrong since I can't
> make sound with patches loaded with om_patch_loader?

Hi,

i cannot reproduce this behaviour. Why not tell us step for step what
exactly you do.

Here, the following sequence just works fine:

- start om
- run om_patch_loader some_patch.om
- hook up alsa and audio  via qjackctl
- having fun!!

Is your om version current? Btw: keep in mind that om_gtk sometimes
saves files to the current dir instead of the directory, where the patch
file was originally loaded from. Maybe you just load the wrong version
of your patch. Check by starting om_gtk and inspect the patch loaded
with om_patch_loader.

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!