om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] Error when starting GUI

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] Error when starting GUI
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:06:17 +1000

On Tue, 2005-30-08 at 22:02 +0100, Nathaniel Virgo wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I installed om from cvs a few days ago but I've not been able to get the
> gui to start.
[snip]
> Which causes the following to appear in the terminal that I started om in:
>
> [JackDriver] Activated Jack client.
> [AlsaDriver] Started realtime MIDI thread (SCHED_FIFO, priority 20)
> [OSC] Registered client osc.udp://localhost.localdomain:13090/ (1 clients)
> Unable to send response 0! (Invalid argument)
> Unable to send response 1! (Invalid argument)
> [JackDriver] Enabling.
> Unable to send response 2! (Invalid argument)

Hi Nanthaniel,

You need a patch for liblo, because your machine is IPv6.  I'm waiting
for the next release of liblo to make the next release of Om (there's
two fixes I've sent in)

This problem is fixed by liblo_ipv6_url_fix.diff, and there's another
issue (patch loading not working after extended usage) fixed by
libo_socket_close.patch, both attached.

Both can be applied with "patch -p1 < PATCH_FILENAME" in the top liblo
directory (liblo-0.18)

If you don't want to build your own liblo.. well you'll just have to
wait for 0.19 :)

Cheers,

-DR-