om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] midi split

From: Lars Luthman
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] midi split
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 15:01:27 +0100

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 10:40 +0100, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> I desperately need to set up midi splits:
>
> 1) What's the status of the splitting functionality in (the New Midi
> Stuff in) om?

As far as I can tell, there is no support for that. It would require a
module with MIDI ins and outs, and at the moment there is no plugin API
that allows for that (although DSSI most likely will in the near
future).

> 2) In the mean time, I tried starting the attached pythonscript (needs
> pyseq). Unfortunately connecting something to its ports screws up lash;
> things get loaded with completely wrong connections... What did I miss
> here?

I'm not completely sure (I haven't looked at that part of the code) but
I think that connections between LASH clients and non-LASH programs are
restored based on the ALSA client ID of the non-LASH program. So if the
Python script doesn't get the same client ID when you start it, it won't
get connected, and if something else gets that ID, that will get
connected instead.

--
Lars Luthman
PGP key:     http://www.d.kth.se/~d00-llu/pgp_key.php