opalesoya-dev

[Opalesoya-dev] opalesoya

From: Andreas Hoheisel
Subject: [Opalesoya-dev] opalesoya
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 16:14:53 +0200

Hello,

I'm working at the Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Architecture and Software Technology in Berlin/Germany and we are thinking about using OpaleSoya as 3D Engine for the visualization and interaction in an actor-based client for virtual worlds in our "M3 Project". At the moment we are using the wildtangent browser plugin, but we had a lot of trouble with it and we don't want to be limited to MS-Windows, so we are looking for alternatives.

The "M3 simulation" (M3 = Man Model Measurement) is a mixture of MUD, simulation game and scientific simulation. At the moment, we are building a virtual Berlin-Brandenburg where real humans can login via Internet as actors. For further information have a look at our website http://mmm.first.fraunhofer.de

We have about two people in our group dedicated to the development of the "M3 client" (which of cause will be GPL too), so I hope we can push the development of soya somehow...

I read about your plans to use python instead of java. Well, for us it would be very inconvenient, because our server architecture is already coded in java and we want to connect to the client via rmi.

so long,

Andreas.

Dipl.-Geophys. Andreas Hoheisel
Fraunhofer-Institut für Rechnerarchitektur und Softwaretechnik (FIRST)
Kekuléstraße 7
D-12489 Berlin-Adlershof

Telefon +49(0)30/6392-1819 | mailto:address@hidden
Telefax +49(0)30/6392-1805 | http://www.first.fraunhofer.de