openexr-announce

[Openexr-announce] v2.0.0 beta 2 released

From: Piotr Stanczyk
Subject: [Openexr-announce] v2.0.0 beta 2 released
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 06:46:44 +0000

Hi,

The v2 branch in github has been tagged with v2.0.0.beta.2.

Most of the code changes centre around the introduction of the namespacing
mechanism to IlmBase libraries.
There are also a number of other small additions and fixes.

The corresponding tarballs will be uploaded shortly; github generated snapshots
can be downloaded from:

https://remote.lucasfilm.com/,DanaInfo=github.com,SSL+openexr/openexr/zipball/v2.0.0.beta.2
(Other tags are also available: https://github.com/openexr/openexr/tags)

The next v2 release will be the RC1 around the SIGGRAPH timeframe.

We'll also be shortly releasing 1.7.1 which is snapshot of the current master
branch. This will offer a path to using PyIlmBase for those wanting to track
the v1 stream. We're looking into the possibility of one more point release,
i.e. 1.7.2 to catch features and contributions that were outside the scope of
1.7.1.

Many thanks.

Piotr