[Openexr-devel] Linux gcc builds

From: J. Dean Brederson
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Linux gcc builds
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:36:14 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

The simple fix suggested by Lourens Veen <address@hidden> works
just fine with gcc 2.95.4 on a Debian system (scoping changes in
IlmImf/ImfAttribute.h).  The 1.0.4 distribution also builds as is using
gcc-3.2.1.

I've had to rework some of my own code as I've made the switch over, since
it appears that the 3.2 compiler is more ANSI compliant.  In previous
versions, this was less the case and you could get away with more lax
coding.  I don't remember the gcc release details, but this has been my
experience for what it's worth.

Thanks for this useful library, ILM!

dean