Re: [Openexr-devel] Trouble installing OpenEXR on OSX

From: Paul Schneider
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Trouble installing OpenEXR on OSX
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:57:54 -0800

That means it's not installing the exrdisplay example program. This is probably because you didn't build exrdisplay - exrdisplay requires the FLTK toolkit, which isn't installed on Macs by default. When you run configure, it detects that you're missing FLTK and removes exrdisplay from the list of things to build, but it doesn't remove it from the list of things to install, and so you get this error.

If you got that far, you did install the headers and libraries, so you're ready to start programming. If you want to build exrdisplay as well, grab FLTK from fink, install it, then run configure and make again.

One issue is that the install process stops if it encounters any error, and it tries to install exrdisplay before IlmImfExamples, so IlmImfExamples is not installed either. You can remedy this by running "make install" from the IlmImfExamples directory.

Sorry about the confusion.  I'll try to get the script cleaned up.

- Paul