Re: [Openexr-devel] EXR file killing windows library

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] EXR file killing windows library
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:54:30 -0800

Hi Charles,

you may want to try using a newer version of the OpenEXR
libraries.  Drew will officially release  1.0.7 as soon
as Savannah works again.

Because the PIZ-compressed form of the single black pixel
is longer than the original data, the pixel is stored in
the file in uncompressed form.  The PIZ compressor adds
a header to the compressed data; the size of this header
offsets any gains you might get from compressing the
6-byte input.

In recent months, Wojciech Jarosz fixed a couple of bugs
that were related to uncompressable data.  In some cases
the library would try to uncompress data that were not
compressed.  I have a version of exrdisplay, which I
compiled on 07/16/03 (before Wojciech's fixes, which
were checked into the ILM-internal code base on 08/15/03),
and it fails to read your test file.  Recently compiled
versions of exrdisplay read the test file correctly.

Florian