[Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.1.x compatibility with CinePaint and exrtools

From: netsnipe
Subject: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.1.x compatibility with CinePaint and exrtools
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:38:23 +1100

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 09:22:08AM -0800, Drew Hess wrote:
> You should probably note in your description that this is an
> unstable/development version of OpenEXR and that the file format for
> tiled files and/or API could change.  (In fact, we are about to
> change the tiled format for an upcoming 1.1.1 release.)
>
> The 1.0.7 is currently the "stable" release and we'll release 1.2
> when the tiled stuff is all sorted.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for pointing this out to me Drew. I didn't know of this
beforehand. Should I downgrade OpenEXR in Debian's branch unstable
back to 1.0.7? Will you keeping the same SONAME of OpenEXR's libs at 1
for the forseeable future?

I have no idea whether the 1.1 of OpenEXR has any risk of breaking
compatibility of programs that were built against the 1.0 libs either
now if they are rebuilt.

I'm still waiting for Robin to release a tarball for me to test out
CinePaint 0.18.2, and I'm not the maintainer for exrtools (the only
other Debian package using OpenEXR). So I'm CC:ing this query to the
relevant parties.

Cheers,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

      Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau    Computer Sci. UNSW & Debian GNU/Linux
         <netsnipe(+)users.sf.net\0>    <alau(+)cse.unsw.edu.au\0>
 GnuPG 1024D/2E8B68BD:  0B77 73D0 4F3B F286 63F1  9F4A 9B24 C07D 2E8B 68BD
                                     -
                  "Nobody expects the Debian Inquisition!
     Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency!"