[Openexr-devel] EXR in Pike?

From: Martin Nilsson
Subject: [Openexr-devel] EXR in Pike?
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 05:42:10 +0100

Hello.

I'm Martin Nilsson and one of the maintainers for the script language Pike. Traditionally our Image processing module is one of the things we are most proud of so we have begun considering adding support for EXR. Since it would involve a lot of work (the image module backend would have to support different data formats which in turn affects all the various image processing effects) the initial question is of course if it is worth it. Would anyone be interested in manipulating images in a scripting language (Pike supports all the basic photoshop operations and filters)? Is there already a scripting language that does this, so our work would be of little value?

/Martin Nilsson